Frequently Asked Questions
Q. I’m a student. How can I participate in YPT’s programs?
A. If you want YPT to come to your school, ask your principal or teachers to contact us to set up an In-School, After-School, or Residency Program.
Q. I’m a teacher. Can I use YPT’s curriculum?
Q. I’m a principal/teacher. How can I bring YPT to my classroom?
- A. You are welcome to implement the example lesson plans available on this site. We recommend that you ask your principal or superintendent to bring us in to provide you with a series of professional development workshops. These workshops will prepare you with lesson plans and activities to implement aspects of our language arts curriculum on your own. If you use a YPT lesson, we do ask that you cite us as the source of your material.
Q. I’m a parent. How can I get my child involved?
- A. If you are interested in the In-School or After-School Programs, contact our Artistic Director, Nicole Jost, at 202-387-9173 or email@example.com or simply download the application on the program page.
If you are interested in bringing the Express Tour to your school, contact Liza Harbison, Communications and Graphic Design Associate, at 202-387-9173 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. Does YPT need volunteers?
- A. Ask your student’s principal or teacher to contact YPT and bring us into their classroom or look for our latest information on our private classes and camp offerings here on the site. You can also always call us at 202-387-9173 for more information.
Q. When and where can I see a YPT performance?
- A. Yes, YPT relies on volunteers. Volunteer your time to help out in the office or on specific projects like our New Play Festival or special events. Contact Laurie Ascoli, Program Manager, at 202-387-9173 or email@example.com to find out about current volunteer opportunities.
Q. I’m an actor, how can I perform in a YPT play?
- A. The Express Tour performs throughout the year. Call us to find out the specific schedule of times, dates and locations, or look at our season to see what’s coming up next.
Q. I work with a theater, how can we collaborate with YPT?
- A. Send us your resume at 2437 15th St. NW, Washington, DC 20009. If we would like you to audition, we will contact you.
Q. Does the Express Tour visit in my area?
- A. Contact Nicole Jost at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-387-9173 to talk about the possibilities.
Q. How can I get YPT to perform for my group/in my community?
- A. The Tour performs throughout DC, Maryland, and Virginia. If you live in any of those areas, we can arrange for a performance near you. Feel free to contact Liza Harbison at 202-387-9173 or email@example.com to express interest in bringing the Tour near to a venue near you.
- A. Feel free to contact us to express interest in bringing the Tour to a venue near you. Please address inquiries to Liza Harbison at 202-387-9173 or firstname.lastname@example.org.